2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbls tamari or soya sauce
1 teas sugar
oil for frying
237ml unsalted cashews
1 onion, large dice
1 red & green pepper, large dice
237ml green onion, 1″ cut
1 carrot, sliced thin on bias
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
2 tbls oyster sauce
2 tbls soy sauce
1 tbls fish sauce
1 tbls palm sugar
1 tbls tamarind paste
2 tbls Edie Prik Pao
2 tbls water
1. Marinade chicken in 2 tbls soy sauce and 1 teas sugar for at least 20 min.
2. Lightly coat marinated chicken in flour and fry in 1″ of oil in batches until golden. Drain on paper towel.
3. Lightly saute cashews in the same oil. Watch closely as they burn quickly.
4. Drain fat and add all vegetables, except for the green onions and stir fry for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken, cashews and Edie Prik Pao sauce continuing to stir fry until heated through.
6. Add green onions.