12 pieces mid-joints
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon coriander root, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
2/3 cup (120g) rice flour
vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon Edie Prik Pao
1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1. Making the marinade by adding minced garlic, coriander root, white pepper, sugar, chili powder and fish sauce into a bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Mix the marinade with the chicken.
3. Cover the bowl with cling film and place this in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Coat the chicken with rice flour. Knock off excess flour and deep-fry (or pan-fry, or air-fry, or bake) the chicken in batches until the pieces turn golden-brown.
5. Drain on paper towels.
6. To coat the chicken with the Prik Pao, warm the Prik Pao in a skillet with some oil and sugar until the sugar has completely dissolved. Return the chicken into the skillet and stir to coat.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander (and sesame seeds if you like) and serve immediately.